Hi Everyone, Welcome to Lesson 3: Expressing Yourself, of learning Indonesian with Jaz (Me). For those of you newbies to my learning Indonesian blogs. It’s best if you start with lesson 1 at https://jazlinh.wordpress.com/2015/08/29/learning-indonesian-with-jaz-lesson-1-greetings/ For those of you who already know my blogs, please continue.
So lets begin: Now we’re going to learn how to express yourself, through basic words. Let’s start with Yes and No.
- Ya > Ya > Means Yes
- Tidak > Ti-dak > Means no
Now that you know “yes” and “no”, let’s move on to how you would respond to an invitation, beside using a simple yes & no.
- Mungkin > Mung-kin > Means maybe or possibly
- Lain > La-in > Means other, you can use this in other ways besides accepting invitations
- Kali > Ka-Li > Means time
Now you simply put them together, and you get “Lain Kali”. Can anyone guess what that means, before moving on?
- Lain Kali > La-in Ka-li > Means another time, which is very useful.
Now for our last two words, we’re going to lean don’t (or don’t do that) & not a.
- Jangan > Ja-ngan> Means don’t or don’t do that
- Bukan > Bu-kan > Means not a, “Example: this is a book bukan pencil”
Now that you know how to express yourself a little more, you can go out and explore a little more of Bali. Just watch out for Jangan & Bukan, and I’ll see you in part 2 of expressing yourself.
That’s it for now, check my next lesson at www.jazlinh.wordpress.com Keep practicing your Indonesian, and I’ll see you at my next lesson.
Thank you for Reading, Jaz